(Expand All | Collapse All)
Skilled Software Engineer with several years of experience in various languages, web
technologies, network server development and robotics.
- TCP/IP Client/Server development (including web server development)
- Django, AppEngine, Apache, mod_perl2, CGI, HTTP, SMTP, DHTML, AJAX, CSS, JSON, SQL (Postgres, MySQL, SQLite), NoSQL (Riak, Redis, CouchDB), Memcache, RabbitMQ, Esper
- Docker, Linux, Mac OS X, UNIX
- Autonomous Robotics
- Go, Erlang, Objective-C, Java, PHP, Ruby/Rails, Stingray/Zeus
- Cordova/PhoneGap, Maya, Blender3D, Gimp, Inkscape, Final Cut Pro, Motion, DVD Studio
8/2015 - Present Web Software Engineer Dramafever
- Python Django Web development and REST based APIs
- Development using Django and MySQL within Docker containers
- Configuring Jenkins for automated django translation jobs
- Managing Code Freeze of the master branch
7/2014 - 8/2015 Web Software Engineer RainEverywhere / WorkPail
8/2010 - 7/2014 Web Engineer OmniTI
- Python Web development and REST based APIs on Google's AppEngine
- Writing front-end AngularJS based Single Page Apps
- Creating Amazon AWS AMIs, setting up AWS instances
- Developing an SDK for various languages to interface with a REST API
5/2007 - 8/2008 Software Engineer Principia Partners LLC
- Developed Python web services with Tornado and RabbitMQ
- Designed and developed backend Node.js based REST API services for an iPhone/Android app
- Integrated with the Facebook Graph API
- Implemented Push Notification servers for both iOS (APNS) and Android (C2DM)
- Wrote pre-commit hoooks for Riak in Erlang
- Designed and developed the backend and frontend (including database design) of various websites and portals for the company's clients.
- Developed iPhone web applications.
- Added functionality to Jetty based Java services
5/1999 - 5/2007 Senior Software Engineer Webclients.net/Valueclick.com
- Designed and developed a clustered client/server software for the nightly regression testing and reporting of the company's flagship product.
- Reworked and developed the company's public facing case management website.
- Developed Perl modules to integrate the case management system with Salesforce as the database backend.
1/1996 - 8/1998 Computer Technician Penn State University
- Designed and developed several custom written multi-threaded C++ based Application Servers for middle tier database integration, payout/billing statistics analysis and streamlining of public facing web based systems.
- Developed Perl modules for various tasks including: United States Postal Service address parsing and verification, web CGI parameter scrambling, mass emailing and credit card encryption.
- Repaired and maintained Penn State University computer lab equipment as well as faculty computers and laptops.
- Helped novice computer users with hardware and software issues.
1/2010 - 5/2010 Motion Control Time Lapse Robot Camera Rig
8/2009 - 12/2009 Bat-teK (Lockheed Martin Robot Recon Project)
- Helped design and build an eight foot tall robotic arm with five degrees of freedom
(including a dolly locomotion on a track).
- Developed all the software including the robotic control and the user interface for programming animated motions of the robot arm as well as integrating with a Canon 4D DSLR camera to take high quality images.
- Developed GPU accelerated GLSL based live compositing software.
- Developed Maya virtual camera rig control which mirrored the live robot rig and used the same UI.
1/2009 - 5/2009 GirlTech: Robotic Painter (Pittsburgh Children's Museum)
- Integrated various disparate technologies into a single collaborative environment for the purpose of reconnaissance gathering. These technologies included camera-equipped robotic rovers, a camera-equipped robotic blimp, webcams, iPhones and a Microsoft Surface table.
- Developed iPhone software to remotely control the robot rovers and blimp while streaming their video feeds to the display.
- Developed the multi-touch node based interface for the arbitrary pipelining and integrating of gathered data, including video feeds, sonar data and GPS, on the Microsoft Surface table.
- Developed software to control a small robotic arm which can use real paint to replicate a child's drawing input from a touchscreen.
- Taught high school girls basic programming and helped them develop a tic-tac-toe playing robot arm.